Student, Faculty, Staff and Affiliates of the George Washington University are required to claim a GW email address and a NetID.
If you already have a GW email address/NetId and have not secured your account, this one time process will allow you to choose security questions for future password reset needs or account management.
- GW's Identity Management System enables access to important information related to your role at the university.
- It is crucial to never share your GW login credentials with anyone.
- Please remember that you should always be wary of messages requesting account verification, confirmation or upgrade, payment or personal information such as your passwords, GWid, Social Security number or credit card information.
If you have questions about the validity of a link you see or a message you receive:
- Forward it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Or contact the IT Support Center at 202-994-GWIT (4948) or email@example.com technology assistance is available through the IT Support Center.
Learn more about how you can help keep your information and GW secure at:
The U in Security A 2-minute training module.